Pages

Saturday 18 November 2017

Dim Sum Meet

It's what it says on the tin - today I hosted Dim Sum Meet at Crown Buffet!
(Sorry Kathryn, it's not a dim sum buffet)

Though there was a bit of chaos with things coming out late and a couple of mix ups, they were extremely on the ball and we got to witness the thing where a hug stack of steamers were brought out.
(I've been going to *yum cha for YEARS and my family have NEVER ordered so much **dim sum that they had to bring it out on a tray!)
We also discovered that the beef balls and salted egg custard buns would make great weapons!

*Yum cha literally means 'drink tea' and refers to the meal as a whole. If we're going out to get dim sum, we would say we're going to yum cha. **Dim sum literally means 'to touch the heart' and refers to the small dishes which are usually shared. 

Things I ordered (some to share): steamed char siu buns, pan fried pork & veg buns, cheung fan with deep fried bread rolls (I describe it as a doughnut rice roll), triple roast with rice and egg custard tarts

We finished at the grand total of £128.20 - well done Leeds Comm!

---

There's only one thing for a food-centric meet - a V comfy coord! I decided to go with empire waist instead of full shirring for maximum comfort.


JSK - Emily Temple Cute
Cutsew - Taobao
Shoes - Yesstyle.com
Necklace - Angelic Pretty
All other accessories - Handmade

Bonus Accessories pic!
I'm really pleased with myself! For someone who makes accessories, I'm usually rubbish.

---

Food meets are my FAVOURITE kind of meet! 
What's yours? Exhibitions? Crafting? Or like me, Food?

- Part Time 小姐


No comments:

Post a Comment

Myths of Our Own - Lads on Tour

This is a VERY late post - I have no excuses other than I'm rubbish at blogging. Anyway, welcome to the first of a series of blog pos...