Pages

Tuesday 20 March 2018

Love From the North - Food Report!

For a bit of background info, 'Love From the North' aka 'The Great Northern Tea Party' was a Lolita event in Manchester on 10th March. This is about the food I ate over the weekend rather than the event itself but I know y'all more interested in what I ate than what I wore so let's crack on! ^__~

In order to not suffer on Saturday morning, I went to Manchester on Friday and met up with Sophie and Hana before hitting up China Town - it's just the thing to do in Manchester! I've been to Wasabi  for dessert but we were really hungry so decided to check out their food menu first. 

I ordered a cream soda bubble tea (I really needed the sugar) and after much debate over the various things I wanted to eat, I ordered the unagi fried rice and Sophie got us some Takoyaki to share <3 


First things first, how radioactive does this bubble tea look??? I feel like I should come back in Whipped Magic and order it again because it would 200% go with my coord xD
Can confirm you can definitely taste the sugar!

They also crammed a LOT of rice into that bowl - it was really filling but I was determined to finish the whole thing! Rice is life after all and while growing up I was told that you've got to make sure you eat all your rice if not your significant other will be ugly - doing my best to keep you pretty Mr Rachel! ^___~

***
Verdict

Cream Soda Bubble Tea (£3) - 8/10 would drink again!
V sweet but also V mesmerizing to look at! It's a bit more than I'd usually pay for bubble tea though so I'd only drink it again if I'm wearing Whipped Magic. 

Unagi Fried Rice (£9.95) - 8.5/10 would eat again!
A little bit salty in parts but rice is life (especially fried rice!) and I really like eel so I would definitely get this again but maybe ask for the salt to be toned down a little? The diced up veggies were a nice touch and made it look V colourful!

***
SATURDAY 

I will do a proper blog post about the event and the food there at a slightly later date!

***

On the Sunday we went on a lunch date for three at Dazzling Cafe, a Taiwanese chain, and I was V dazzled alright! In fact, I was so dazzled and excited that I forgot to take pictures of the actual place (oops) so here are some from their Instagram!
The menu




 

Everything looks SO good! The food photography here really is on point and I really do want to eat/ drink everything! Maybe I'll come back and make my way through the menu xD

I decided to get the Rose Lychee Soda, Truffle Mushroom Spaghetti and then we got the Hazelnut and Choco Honey Toast between us!

Look at how pretty this drink is! The lychee was pretty potent in this, we reckoned it might be from concentrate mixed with syrup. 

This spaghetti was SO good and creamy! The truffle was subtle, the mushroom was very fragrant and there were lovely notes of garlic and onion. I would definitely eat this again and again!

And this was the star of the show!!! We were undecided for a while but I helped us pick this one because not only was it the one I wanted to eat the most, it was also the one I wanted to photograph the most because aesthetics!

Once deconstructed a little, it was revealed that it was in three layers which made it easy to split between the three of us. This was really yummy and I didn't find it sickly. I  think I could definitely take down the whole myself - maybe I'll find out next time!

***

Verdict 

Rose Lychee Soda (£4) - 10/10 would drink again!
While it's kind of expensive, it was super pretty and the flavour was great. If there is a percentage of lychee juice from concentrate, I would definitely get it again!

Truffle Mushroom Spaghetti  (£9.50) - 10/10 would eat again and again!
The flavours were great and it was just so beautifully creamy and fragrant without being sickly or too heavy. If I was only allowed one main from this place from now on I would definitely be more than happy to eat this one!

Hazelnut Chocolate Honey Toast (£10) - 10/10 would eat again and again and again!
I feel you had to see my face, I don't think words can even express how I felt and continue to feel about this dessert. I look forward to taking down the whole thing on my next visit!

Final Thoughts

Decor: 10/10 - I'm so dazzled!!!
Atmosphere: 10/10 - Bright and lively. Makes me think of dessert cafes in HK.
Food & Drink: 10/10 - I think I've made it pretty clear how I feel about the food ^^'
Service: 10/10 - very sweet and attentive waitress.
Price: 7.5/10 - not going to lie, it's a bit on the expensive side for me but fine for a treat!
Verdict: 9.5/10 - I would 200% go back and eat / drink more things!!! Would you like to go with me?

---

So here we go! These are the things I ate on the Friday and Sunday of  my Love From the North weekend! I enjoyed all the things I ate (as you can tell!) and look forward to eating more things from both places, if only I had a sponsor hahahaha! 

- Part Time 小姐




3 comments:

  1. I didn't know that thing about the rice, but now I'll definitely have a different outlook on eating rice. The sacrifices we make for our men lol <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it's universal, I've not heard it on any dramas or anything so it *might* just be in my household to prevent waste?
      Haha, they will never know what we go through for their sake! xD

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Myths of Our Own - Lads on Tour

This is a VERY late post - I have no excuses other than I'm rubbish at blogging. Anyway, welcome to the first of a series of blog pos...