Pages

Sunday 22 July 2018

Let's Go Potterheads!

Remember that Slytherin dress I made back in May? Well yesterday I finally took it on an outing to DraigCon in Manchester! I don't remember the last time I was up to get a train this early and only managed to get my eyeliner done before having to leave the house - I'm forever an expert at failing '5 more minutes'.

 So the convention itself took place at The Printworks near Manchester Victoria and Chethem Library. I'd never been to The Printworks before and it turned out to be like an entertainment complex with a cinema and a wide variety of eateries. I thought it was really was quite accurate to what I would imagine a modern day Diagon Alley to look like and there were lots of photo opportunities!

It's been so long since I went on an outing with Sam, Claire and Emma! 

I can fly this guy with my provisional right? 

It's got to be Slytherin! A lot of people think I'd definitely be a Hufflepuff but I'm not going to lie, I'm not nice enough, my patience levels are near non-existent and I probably swear too much haha! I definitely have the ambition and pride of a Slytherin! 

What an aesthetic photo! I'm also sorry for the amount of times 'aesthetic' came out of my mouth guys! 

Dobby's sock collection point

During the afternoon we went to enjoy the orchestra which was really lovely! I don't really go to classical concerts but every time I listen to an orchestra I have such a great time!

We made a wizard friend at Chethem! 

The all important Butter Beer! Because did you even go to Harry Potter Con if you didn't drink one? 
The Whisky was pretty strong but I enjoyed it, especially the whipped cream! 
7/10 - would drink again if someone bought me one.


With Claire's future husband, Viktor Krum! 10/10 worth queuing for! 


Selfie and outfit shot spam!
JSK & Bow - Handmade
Blouse & Bag - Primark
Shoes - Dreamy Bows
Everything else - Offbrand

This is my first convention where it's solely focused on one fandom and I had a great time! I would definitely go to one like this again!

---

Have you ever been to a Harry Potter convention? 
Who did you see there? Who would be your dream guest? 

- Part Time 小姐




No comments:

Post a Comment

Myths of Our Own - Lads on Tour

This is a VERY late post - I have no excuses other than I'm rubbish at blogging. Anyway, welcome to the first of a series of blog pos...