Pages

Thursday 12 July 2018

Are You Dazzling Today?

So, remember that post back in March where I said I'd go back to sample more of the menu at Dazzling Cafe? Well here it is!


Mr Rachel came to visit me for a few days and for convenience, we decided to stay out in Manchester so this was an A Grade chance to take him out for the ultimate lunch date!


It was pretty empty when we got there which was a bit shocking since it was so busy back in March but that also meant we got seated really quickly and it was nice and peaceful. 


Time for super aesthetic drinks! I got the Dazzling Pink which is a very sweet ice tea and David got the Pineapple Soda - I knew he'd get this one and I am very pleased that I internally guessed right! (This is it pre-mixed, once mixed it is green like pictured in the menu.)

They had a £10 meal deal (includes an appetiser and a main) but the main reason I had decided to bring Mr Rachel here was to try the Honey Toast so we decided against getting so much food.

In the end, we both decided to get a Chicken Karaage with Cheese each from the appetisers and it was great! The chicken had a lovely crispness on the outside and was fantastically succulent on the inside! The melted cheese and seaweed flakes added a nice saltiness to the crispy fries. The flavours were SO good and the portion was actually very big for an appetiser and felt more like a meal. Good value for money though!

 

Drum roll please, here's the old Honey Toast! This is the same as the one I got back in March but out of the options, Mr Rachel most fancied the aesthetic of this one! 
He doesn't care for hazelnuts but I helped in that department. 
Y'all know how I feel about this masterpiece so I won't swoon over it again. The only thing I will say is that it was a little bit of a challenge between the two of us ^^'

***

Verdict 

Dazzling Pink (£4) - 10/10 would drink again!
I was curious about the name of this and the little star beside it on the menu and in the end chose it for it's name. It was a very sweet and refreshing iced tea with some lychee and rose notes. Was I dazzled? Yes!

Pineapple Soda - (£4) - 8/10 would drink again!
I don't usually care for pineapple but I tried a bit just because and found it pleasant and enjoyable. The only thing is you'e got to make sure you do a lot of stirring so the syrup is thoroughly distributed so the last 1/4 or so it's super dilute.  Mr Rachel may or may not rate it differently. 

Chicken Karaage with Cheese -  (£6.50) - 10/10 would eat again and again!
These were BIG appetisers! I REALLY enjoyed this, the chicken really was SO good and it was the perfect mixture of crispiness, tenderness and juiciness <3 The whole dish had great flavours and textures, so good, I loved it!

Hazelnut Chocolate Honey Toast (£10) - 10/10 would eat again and again and again!
This was still SO good though more challenging to finish between two, compared to between three. Compared to last time, it was maybe a *little* bit overdone so a little hard in places but the cream and ice cream helped.


Verdict - We are both 10/10 dazzled, SO dazzled!
Admittedly it was a little expensive for a lunch date but considering the place, aesthetics and how much we enjoyed the food, it was worth it ^^

---

So here we go, I did Dazzling Cafe again and am still dazzled! 10/10 would STILL go again and try even more from the menu :)
Following this, we went on a date to Sea World Manchester at the Trafford Centre, it's been an A Grade date!

What's your favourite kind of date?

- Part Time 小姐

No comments:

Post a Comment

Myths of Our Own - Lads on Tour

This is a VERY late post - I have no excuses other than I'm rubbish at blogging. Anyway, welcome to the first of a series of blog pos...