Pages

Friday 23 March 2018

These Bloomers are Ridiculous!

So I didn't partake in the February Sewalong, nor did I make anything for the March Sewalong (let's be honest, I was too busy sorting my life out for Love From the North) but now I'm back on it so let's get this fabric stash thinned out!


Today's fabric is a FANTASTIC polycotton penguin print that I got from B&M Fabrics at Leeds Market last winter. It was £2 a metre so I bought 2m - you know... just in case ^__~


The only thing I could think of making with this A Grade fabric is bloomers so here we go!!! 
I used an old pattern (size M drafted from Otome no Sewing) but I wanted puffier bloomers so I widened the pattern.


Overlock the edges to prevent fraying. My overlocker is still in it's box upstairs (oops!) so I just used a zigzag stitch. 


Pockets are a must for me so boop! Let's get two in there!

 

These bloomers are going to be both ridiculous and extra so let's get a lace trim on there! I gathered some cotton lace because apparently I like to make extra work for myself (!)  I used a ruffle foot, ruffling every 6 stitches. 


I decided to make the elastic casing using bias binding for the first time! My elastic insertion was a bit iffy, I don't think I thought through the opening properly ^^'


Look at that V extra ruffly trim! I also did a much better job of the pockets than I expected  - yay!


Ta-da!!! The most ridiculous penguin bloomers are done!!!

---

I usually like to wear my bloomers out as shorts but these are really quite ridiculous ^^' I'm not sure where or when else I'd wear them except as actual bloomers under dresses - even my Mum think's they're daft! I feel like these would make cute pyjamas though! 
What do you think?

- Part Time 小姐


No comments:

Post a Comment

Myths of Our Own - Lads on Tour

This is a VERY late post - I have no excuses other than I'm rubbish at blogging. Anyway, welcome to the first of a series of blog pos...