Pages

Wednesday 7 February 2018

My 古装 Fantasies

Historical costume and Wuxia have always been my favourite genres in regards to Chinese dramas. Admittedly there are a LOT of recycled plots, especially with harem dramas but the costumes and styling is always beautiful!

A selection from Pinterest

I've spent a lot of time looking at Hanfu and Qipao while wishing I could wear them but I've always thought I'd never really have the opportunity to wear that kind of thing. However,  since watching Empress of China and becoming more confident in my sewing,  I am very keen to maybe simplify or adapt them so I can live out my 古装 fantasies! 


A selection from Pinterest showing 'modernised' ways to wear Hanfu and Qipao. 

To begin with I think I will aim to make something along the lines of these as the garment will be much more wearable and will maybe ease me in to some more elaborate things.

A Grade Inspo
Empress of China | 3 Lives 3 Worlds 10 Miles of Peach Blossom | Love in Han Yuan

I really enjoy all the costumes in these dramas!

---
So let's see how many of these I will rewatch and how long it will take me to actually make something! Have you ever made something inspired by historical costumes?

- Part Time 小姐

NOTE: 古装 (pronounced Gu3 Zhang1 in Mandarin and 'Gu Jong' in Cantonese) literally means 'ancient clothing', it is mostly used in Cantonese to refer to a historical costume drama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Myths of Our Own - Lads on Tour

This is a VERY late post - I have no excuses other than I'm rubbish at blogging. Anyway, welcome to the first of a series of blog pos...