Pages

Monday 5 February 2018

Strawberries & Gingham - January Sewalong

I joined the Lolita Sewing Collective on Facebook and decided to take part in the monthly sewalong as I'd like to sew more this year. Hopefully it will help motivate and inspire me and help me cut down on my fabric stash - I have a LOT of fabric ^^'


Today I'd like to share what I made in January's Sewalong!

- An elasticated skirt
- An Alice Bow
- Neck tie
- Drop pendant

There's a lot of freedom in the sewalongs, you can make EVERYTHING or just what you fancy. I joined in a little late, uploading my design and plans on 17th January.



I've made elasticated skirts before so I added a ruffle hem, pockets and detachable bows to my skirt. I had originally planned to add a lining too but it turns out I didn't have the fabric for it so I omitted it since the aim is certainly NOT to buy more fabric!

My design/ attempt to use up some leftover fabric


I cut the pieces on 19th but put the sewing off for a couple of days. I sewed the main body, waistband and pockets on 22nd. Generally this was very quick and easy, especially since I'd already ironed the waistband ahead of time. The trickiest part was the pockets. I'd not sewn pockets in a while so ended up sewing the first one wrong - oops! 

I felt pretty good about getting so much done so I went ahead and made the bows too!



Ta-da!
I had to substitute the white ruffle with some cotton lace since I couldn't find any white cotton (who doesn't own white cotton???) but I think it's still cute and adds to the country feel. Brooch backs were added to the bows and wahey! My January Sewalong skirt was completed before the end of the month!

I'm really pleased with myself! Hopefully I'll be on the ball for the February Sewalong!

---

So that's 1 fabric down! I still have a bit of gingham left but I might make a matching headbow. Any other suggestions for leftover fabric are welcome! 
Are you a fabric hoarder? Perhaps one day I'll do a share of whats in my fabric stash!

- Part Time 小姐

No comments:

Post a Comment

Myths of Our Own - Lads on Tour

This is a VERY late post - I have no excuses other than I'm rubbish at blogging. Anyway, welcome to the first of a series of blog pos...