Pages

Wednesday 28 February 2018

Review: Glitzy Wonderland 1212 Promotion


Way back on 10th December 2017, I  decided to treat myself to something from Glitzy Wonderland's 1212 Promotional Sale since I wasn't tempted by any Lucky Packs at the time. Rather than being random, there were a range of dresses you could choose from (you could also choose the colourway and size) and they would send you some OTKS and if purchased before 12th December you could also get some free ankle socks. 


I decided to buy Starry Sky Lolita Dress in size M since there isn't much black in my Lolita wardrobe. The measurements listed are JUST right but since the dress has shirring in the back, I figured there'd be a fair amount of extra space. 
The original price listed is $99 and the 1212 promo price I bought it at was $39 including free shipping (it's still $39 if you're interested). Converted, that was £30.19 at the time which I thought was STUPIDLY good for a dress, socks and free shipping. 
I had been informed that the handling time was 3 - 5 weeks and the items in the promotion would not be shipped until January and the shipping time would be 2 weeks which was fine by me. 

***

After a rather long wait, my parcel finally arrived on 8th February 2018! Let's investigate!

At first glance, it is V pretty and I'm really glad I got it.

I'm a sucker for star, astrology and constellation themes and I LOVE the fabric! The gold is very pretty and striking and there's a bit of relief, it's not just a flat print. The feel of the fabric is also very nice and it's very comfy to wear. 

The lace trim also features little stars which is a very nice, V cute detail.


Unfortunately this is where there were some differences from the stock images. The bodice overall is V pretty and I like that the starry lace is used there as well and the little gold trims are a nice detail. 
However, upon closer inspection, the buttons aren't quite aligned correctly and you can still see the tailors chalk, marking their correct places - I fix!

The strap fastenings are also different. The button is on the outside meaning the strap would hang out and be visible - I fix!

 
The buttons for the waist ties are also different. While the star button it's supposed to have is more aesthetically pleasing, the round button will be easier to work with so I don't mind this difference.

Extra bits! Bow, waist ties and corset lacing - check! But where is the plain black bow with the long tails??? For such a simple bow and low price, I didn't bother complaining about it. 

Surprise time!

Not going to lie, I was the most excited to see what socks I would get (that's pretty sad to be fair ^^') and also not going to lie, I was like 'what are thooooose?' hahahaha! The baby pink lace ribbons on those black socks are so silly! I will probably detach them and add some black lace since miraculously, I no longer have black OTKS. The pink ankle socks are cute but I'm pretty sure this is a funny shade of pink that doesn't go with any of my pink Lolita bits and the faux leathery ribbons are a bit odd?

Final Thoughts

Despite all the little hiccups and the missing bow, I am pretty happy with my purchase and I still LOVE the fabric this dress is made of and am glad I bought it.
Fit: 10/10 - still a little space as predicted.
Price: $39 (free shipping) - a STUPIDLY good price really!
Communication: 9/10 - Long time between updates, emails replied fairly swiftly. 
Verdict: 9/10 - would buy from Glitzy Wonderland again!

---

All is forgiven for the sake of how cheap this was, like you really can't complain because you can't have total A grade tailoring for £30.19! I essentially got what I thought I was getting and even got a bit of a giggle from my daft socks!
Would definitely buy something else in one of their promotions. 

- Part Time 小姐



No comments:

Post a Comment

Myths of Our Own - Lads on Tour

This is a VERY late post - I have no excuses other than I'm rubbish at blogging. Anyway, welcome to the first of a series of blog pos...